Mid-level/Senior Technical Animator
RemoteSwitzerland, Genève, BaarArt
Avant Labs is looking for a Technical Animator with a deep passion for games for our FPS PVP Blockchain based game, Elarium.
We are looking for a highly talented and creative individual who is able to combine the art of technology with the art of design. Someone with a winning attitude who is able to take ownership and operate autonomously, can manage complex projects, lead by example, embrace hard work and thrive in our diverse and future driven team.
As Technical Animator you will be part of the Art department, working closely with Game Design, Concept, Tech Artists and general Art team to collaboratively bring character moves and their props to life. You will be responsible for the design and correct technical implementation of character and prop animation. You will be creating animation and solving any technical issues related to the animation production in the art production. You will work on improving the existing pipelines and developing new tools to assist animation creation.
You will be involved in creating and implementing in-game animations as an integral part of the asset delivery pipelines, developing technical animation pipelines and tools to deliver cutting edge animations, creating automated animation setups, adding dynamic elements and visual effects to static assets in a meticulous manner, in many formats and creating intricate but conceptually sound animations that level up the player experience.
You define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition and function from the concept stage to final implementation. Creatively and proactively you resolve resource-restricted tech challenges while working on the art assets for our game while providing constructive and creative feedback and support to collaborators.
Note: This is a fully remote position. In order to align with the rest of the team it is important that you operate no more than 3 hours from Central European Time (CET/CEST). We collaborate through modern tooling such as Slack, Google teams, Notion & Github in order to stay aligned during working days and towards our milestones.
Who you are
- You are a mid-level/Senior Technical Animator with at least 4 year industry or related proven experience.
- You have previous or next-gen video game platform experience.
- You are a self-driven, responsible and detail-oriented person.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- You have a high level of written and spoken English.
- You have experience working in a fully remote working environment.
- You maintain strong knowledge of game design and art style to support optimal communication and collaboration.
- You have the ability to adapt to new technologies.
- You are passionate about computer games!
Qualifications & must haves
- You have strong knowledge of Motion Builder.
- You have strong knowledge of UE animation pipelines.
- You have experience in 3DS Max/Maya, and Houdini.
- You have experience in rigging.
- Strong understanding of character and prop animation pipelines.
Optional - nice to haves
- Knowledge of Perforce.
- Knowledge of complex rigging.
- Experience working with state machines.
- Proficiency in MaxScript/MEL/Python.
- Passionate about blockchain and technology in general.
You’ll want to work with us because
We are a fully remote European team consisting of 40 experienced professionals. We are self starters and problem solvers, builders and theorists, united by the hunger to make our mark in one of the most promising developments of our time. We aim to empower each team and every individual with transparency, clear objectives, autonomy, and ownership.
Ambitious and focussed about inspiring our people to do more and go beyond the conventional, we lead with empathy and build with commitment. We are excited to build a working culture and employee experience in which everyone can come to work. A place where equity and inclusion provides everyone a safe and inspiring workspace to collaborate, belong and be themselves.
Read more about Avant Labs here!
Benefits & Perks
- Work and connect professionally with the best people for the job throughout Europe - not just from your zip code.
- A yearly budget for work and leisure. Pimp your home-office or get a subscription for movie evenings & chill. It’s all possible. (With extended work agreements)
- 35.000 - 55.000 EUR annually, based on a full time employment depending on experience.
We’ll want to work with you because
Let us know!
If you feel we should know who you are and what you can do, we are looking forward to receive from you:
A personal cover letter introducing yourself to us
- Your detailed resume
- A link to your ArtStation & LinkedIn profile
- A link to your portfolio
- Anything else you’d like us to know about you