Mid-level/Senior Lighting Artist (project based)
RemoteSwitzerland, Genève, BaarArt
Avant Labs is looking for a Lighting Artist with a deep passion for games for our FPS PVP Blockchain based game, Elarium.
We are looking for a highly talented and creative individual who is able to combine the art of technology with the art of design. Someone with a winning attitude who is able to take ownership and operate autonomously, can manage complex projects, lead by example, embrace hard work and thrive in our diverse and future driven team.
As a Lighting Artist you will be part of the Art department, working closely with our Art Director, Lead Artists and team leads to help define and execute the lighting direction for the project. You will collaborate with tech artists to closely manage lighting to fit memory, design and frame rate limits, assisting technical artists and engineers in designing, implementing and maintaining lighting pipelines. You will also collaborate with environment teams as needed to light their spaces according to production schedules.
You will be responsible for lighting game environments and cinematics in AAA titles with the highest level of quality, while contributing to the development and placing of visual effects related to lighting and atmosphere. You anticipate and identify production challenges for our leads and technical artists and research new lighting tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments.
Note: This is a fully remote position. In order to align with the rest of the team it is important that you operate no more than 3 hours from Central European Time (CET/CEST). We collaborate through modern tooling such as Slack, Google teams, Notion & Github in order to stay aligned during working days and towards our milestones.
Who you are
- You are a mid-level Lighting Artist with at least 3 year experience in AAA game development or credit on at least one AAA title as lighting artist.
- You are a self-driven, responsible and detail-oriented person.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- You have a high level of written and spoken English.
- You have experience working in a fully remote working environment.
- You maintain strong knowledge of game design and art style to support optimal communication and collaboration.
- You have the ability to adapt to new technologies.
- You are passionate about gaming!
Qualifications & must haves
- You have a good understanding of game lighting fundamentals required, experience with physically-based rendering pipelines preferred.
- You have strong knowledge in lighting pipeline in UE
- You have experience lighting photo-realistic environments and characters with an understanding of gameplay implications.
- You have knowledge of color theory, cinematography, and a strong sense of light and shadow.
- You have understanding of node based workflows, blueprints and materials inside of UE.
- You have understanding of composition and the ability to enhance mood by lighting.
- Working knowledge of industry standard rendering concepts and post-processing effects.
- You have the ability to follow concept/reference and ability to work with a wide range of styles with minimal concept and direction.
Optional - nice to haves
- Knowledge of Perforce
- Familiarity with complex shader networks and techniques required, working knowledge of shader languages (i.e. GgFX, HLSL, or Cg) preferred.
- Passionate about blockchain and technology in general.
You’ll want to work with us because
We are a fully remote European team consisting of 40 experienced professionals. We are self starters and problem solvers, builders and theorists, united by the hunger to make our mark in one of the most promising developments of our time. We aim to empower each team and every individual with transparency, clear objectives, autonomy, and ownership.
Ambitious and focussed about inspiring our people to do more and go beyond the conventional, we lead with empathy and build with commitment. We are excited to build a working culture and employee experience in which everyone can come to work. A place where equity and inclusion provides everyone a safe and inspiring workspace to collaborate, belong and be themselves.
Read more about Avant Labs here!
Benefits & Perks
- Work and connect professionally with the best people for the job throughout Europe - not just from your zip code.
- A yearly budget for work and leisure. Pimp your home-office or get a subscription for movie evenings & chill. It’s all possible. (With extended work agreements)
- 200 - 350 EUR day rate, depending on experience
We’ll want to work with you because
Let us know!
If you feel we should know who you are and what you can do, we are looking forward to receive from you:
A personal cover letter introducing yourself to us
- Your detailed resume
- A link to your ArtStation & LinkedIn profile
- A link to your portfolio
- Anything else you’d like us to know about you